KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATION COUNCIL NOTICE
The Kenya National Examinations Council wishes to inform the 2016 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) and Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates, Head teachers / Principals, parents / guardians and other relevant stakeholders on the following:
1.0Â REGISTRATION OF 2016 KCPE AND KCSE CANDIDATES
- The registration of the 2016 KCPE and KCSE candidates has officially been closed. Subsequently there is no provision for any late registration of candidates for these two examinations.
- The registration period was scheduled to end on 31st March 2016, but the Council extended the period to 12th April 2016, to take care of candidates who may not have been able to register as scheduled due to various
- To date, 952,445 and 577,079 candidates have registered for KCPE and KCSE examinations respectively.
- Head teachers / Principals, candidates, parents / guardians and all relevant stakeholders are therefore asked to check the registration details on the following platforms:
- Parents / Guardians are also asked to check the details of names given by their children to ensure they are correctly captured as per the birth certificates for KCPE and KCPE certificate for
- Any error noted should be corrected on the nominal rolls which will be available at the schools and sub county education offices for the private
2.0Â NOMINAL ROLLS
- The nominal rolls will be sent to schools on 30th May, 2016 for the final verification and confirmation of the accuracy of the registration data to ensure that:
- Names and gender of KCPE candidates are the same as those in the birth certificates.
- School choices for KCPE are correctly captured as per the required categories;
- Names of KCSE candidates are in the same order as they appear in the KCPE certificate.
- Subject choices for KCSE candidates abides by the subject combination as provided for in the KCSE regulations and as stipulated in the 2016 KCSE registration circular;
- Repeaters have used their correct KCPE index numbers and NOT the Â previousÂ KCSE index number.
- Any errors noted should be corrected on the nominal roll in RED INK by the Head teacher / Principal and sent to KNEC through the respective Sub County Education Officers (SCEOs) by 8th June,
- Adding new candidates IS NOT allowed at this
2.2Â Â Â Â Â Â Photographs for KCSE candidates.
All Head teachers / Principals and Sub-County Education Officers who registered private candidates should ensure that all candidatesâ€™ have clear photographs, which are upright (not facing sideways or upside down) and there should be no mis-match. All cases of photographs (i.e. amendments or uploading of new ones) should be corrected online by logging into the registration platform. A report showing the list of candidates without photos is availed online.
- In the past, schools have emerged towards the examination period to indicate that some of their candidates were not registered. In order to avoid last minute challenges and ensure that no candidate suffers this fate, all County Directors of Education and Sub County Education Officers as well as the Head teachers / Principals are expected to audit the registration data on the nominal rolls to ensure all eligible candidates have been
3.0Â PRIVATE CANDIDATES
All private candidates are asked to report to their registration centers to confirm their details and to sign the nominal roll by June 08, 2016.
4.0Â DISTRIBUTION CENTRES
All Sub County Education Officers are asked to access distribution centres list online and notify KNEC in writing of any changes / amendments that may be required. Attention should also be paid to school names. Information on this should reach KNEC by June 15, 2016.
5.0 2016 KCPE AND KCSE TIMETABLESÂ
- The KCPE and KCSE examination time tables have been uploaded on KNEC website and the examinations will be taken as follows:-
- The KCPE examination will be taken from Monday, October 31 (Rehearsal day) toÂ Thursday, November 03, 2016.
- The KCSE examination main theory takes place from Monday, November 07 toÂ Wednesday November 30, 2016.
Ag. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONSÂ COUNCIL